For three weeks the Time Capsule has been doing ok, backing up our iMac and networking our printer. Then today it suddenly loses communication. Airport utility says "device not found". Great. There's a nice shiny green happy LED light on the Time Capsule...obviously it thinks everything is ok. I click "help" on Apple's airport utility, and enter "device not found". Apparently nobody at Apple ever thought "device not found" would be a possible topic requiring help, as the search comes up with unrelated, useless results.
Looking online, I learn more from random forum posters on Apple Support community. From there I learn how to do a "soft" reset and a "hard reset". I try both, and.....nothing happens. Shiny green happy light continues to shine, no reset indicated.
This is ridiculous.
So now I'm forced to do a "factory default reset", since the drive is not responding to the other reset actions. I had to do a similar reset several times on initial set up as well. This cannot be how this thing was designed to operate.
1 comment:
Hello! Did the full reset help? I have exactly same symptoms - green light, device not found. Switching TC Off/On resolves problem for about a 24h. Then the same - device not found.
Post a Comment