Thursday, October 11, 2018

Uncle Joe's hot rod 1930 Chevrolet 3 Window coupe

My love of old cars stems from my uncle's hot rod '30 Chevy coupe.   One of my earliest memories is riding with him as a three or four year old, watching the road slip by the hole in the passenger floorboard.   It was loud and fun and rough around the edges.  He drove it back and forth to school at San Jose City College from 1970 to 72 and then parked it in my grandparent's garage when it broke down.  I used to sneak in and pretend to drive it.  He traded it for a reel to reel tape deck about 1974 or 75.   I still have the California black plate key chain for the plates, BDT 832, and probably the keys as well.

I wonder if the car still exists and where it ended up.  The BDT 832 license plates are no longer in the DMV system.

Joe Evans with his hot rod 1930 Chevrolet 3 window, about 1970.
Joe leaving for school in the '30 Chevy 3 window.

No comments: